Robotic hair transplants are the latest tools that are used to perform the follicular unit extraction procedure in patients looking to regain a scalp full of hair. Robotic hair transplant is a fully automated process in which the computer operated machine is used to carry out graft harvesting and transplantation. The hair transplant surgeon will program the size and length of the grafts and the hair transplant robot uses an optical guidance system to extract the grafts and during transplantation the surgeon just needs to input the angle of elevation, direction, depth, density and number of recipient incisions and the robot will do the job with 100% accuracy and precision.
Advantages of Robotic Hair Transplant:
- Reduces the time taken to perform the procedures.
- The advanced robotic systems used by us can identify the angle, orientation, distribution and density and direction of the hair follicles.
- Decreased graft damage rate.
- Increased efficiency of the procedure and results.
- Eliminates the pain and risk of infection from traditional transplant procedures.
- Digital mapping techniques are far superior than the human eye and therefore better graft selection and greater results with low number of grafts.
- No scars
- Speedy recovery
Disadvantages of robotic hair transplant
- Does not work well with light or overly curly hair and is only suitable for patients with straight dark hair.
- There is limit to the region from where hair can be extracted i.e. by using a robotic system, only the hair from the back of the scalp can be extracted.
- Might cause damage to the nearby hair follicles because of large diameter punches.