Oiling hair is common practice and it is believed that it causes hair growth but it is not exactly true. Hair oil does not have a direct role in hair growth but it does help provide nourishment to the scalp, which in turn improves blood flow in the scalp and the follicles, increase the tensile strength of hair and keeps the frizz away. Gone are the days when you could walk around with a head full of hair oil but in today’s atmosphere of pollution, chemical treatments, and modern diets , you have to be careful when applying hair oil. When applying hair oil
- Apply on the scalp and not on the hair roots.
- Do not leave the hair oil on the scalp for more than 30-40 minutes. Leave hair oil for more than 30 minutes does not give any added benefits.
- Massage the scalp well after application and wrap a warm towel on the head to help the oil penetrate the scalp.
- You can use some essential oils like the rosemary oil, cedar wood oil, Ylang-ylang, tea tree oil etc. to fight inflammation and infection on the scalp.
- Make sure that you shampoo well after applying hair oil and don’t forget to condition your hair afterwards.