Yes, they damage hair, too much heat and chemical not good. Apply some hair oil or natural product at home for care.
Overuse of anything is bad. Hair straightening treatments and other parlour hair treatments use chemical like formaldehyde that is a known carcinogen. Chemicals on your hair can cause irreversible damage to your hair causing emotion turmoil. Carcinogens can also cause skin irritation, difficulty in breathing and redness in nose and eyes along with damage to hair follicles such as
- Permanent hair loss
- Hair fall
- Dull hair
- Stunted hair growth
- Itching in scalp
- Split ends
- Allergic reactions on the scalp
- Damage the natural structure of the hair
When opting for hair treatments make sure that you space them out and avoid using dryers and chemicals on your hair every day. For home hair straightening treatments use products that have ionic systems. Also:
- Set the temperature to low or medium temperature settings.
- Make sure that your hair is dry and well-conditioned before starting hair straightening treatments.
- Oil your hair and use a leave in conditioner to restore moisture to the hair.
- Use organic masks on your hair to moisturize the scalp naturally.